Saturday

Preparatory Prayer

Meditations of St. Alphonse Ligouri

My Lord Jesus Christ, Thou hast made this journey to die for me with love unutterable, and I have so many times unworthily abandoned Thee; but now I love Thee, I repent sincerely for having ever offended Thee. Pardon me, my God, and permit me to accompany Thee on this journey. Thou goest to die for love of me; I wish also my beloved Redeemer, to die for love of Thee. My Jesus, I will live and die always united to Thee.

My good and dear Jesus,

I kneel before You, asking You most earnestly to engrave upon my heart a deep and lively faith, hope, and charity, with true repentance for my sins, and a firm resolve to make amends.
As I reflect upon Your five wounds, and dwell upon them with deep compassion and grief, I recall, good Jesus, the words the Prophet David spoke long ago concerning Yourself:
“They pierced My hands and My feet; they have numbered all My bones.”

No comments: