Saturday

The 3rd Station

III. Jesus falls the First time.



V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee,



R. Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.





Consider this first fall of Jesus under His Cross. His flesh was torn by the scourges, His Head crowned with thorns, and He had lost a great quantity of blood. He was so weakened that He could scarcely walk, and yet He had to carry this great load upon His shoulders. As the soldiers struck Him cruelly, He fell several times under the heavy cross.

My beloved Jesus, it is not the weight of the Cross, but of my sins, which have made Thee suffer so much pain. Ah, by the merits of this first fall, deliver me from the misfortune of falling into mortal sin.

I love Thee, my beloved Jesus; I love Thee more than myself; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

No comments: