Saturday

The 12th Station

XII. Jesus is raised upon the Cross and Dies.


V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee,


R. Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.








Consider how thy Jesus, after three hours of agony on the Cross, consumed at length with anguish abandons Himself to the weight of His Body, bows His Head, and dies.

O my dying Jesus, I kiss devoutly the Cross on which Thou didst die for love of me. I have merited by my sins to die a miserable death, but Thy death is my hope. Ah, by the merits of Thy death, give me grace to die, embracing Thy feet and burning with love for Thee. I commit my soul into Thy hands.

I love Thee with my whole heart. I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to offend Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

No comments: