Saturday

The 6th Station

VI. Veronica wipes the Face of Jesus.

V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee,


R. Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.



Consider that the holy woman named Veronica, seeing Jesus so afflicted and His Face bathed in sweat and blood, presented Him with a towel, with which He wiped His adorable Face, leaving on It the impression of His Holy Countenance.

My most beloved Jesus. Thy Face was beautiful before, but in this journey it has lost all its beauty, and wounds and blood have disfugured it. Alas! My soul also was once beautiful, when it received Thy grace in Baptism, but I have disfigured it since by my sins. Thou alone, my Redeemer, canst restore it to its former beauty. Do this, by Thy Passion, O Jesus.

I love Thee, my beloved Jesus; I love Thee more than myself; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

No comments: