Saturday

The 8th Station

VIII. The Women of Jerusalem weep over Jesus.



V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee,



R. Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.





Consider that those women wept with compassion at seeing Jesus in so pitiable a state, streaming with blood as He walked along. But Jesus said to them, “Weep not for Me, but for thy children.”

My Jesus, laden with sorrows, I weep for the offenses that I have committed against Thee, because of the pains which they have deserved, and still more because of the displeasure which thy have caused Thee, Who hast loved me so much. It is Thy love, more than the fear of Hell, which causes me to weep for my sins.

I love Thee, my beloved Jesus; I love Thee more than myself; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

2 comments:

His little lamb said...

I made this stone just prior to assisting "Rachel's Hope" post-abortion counseling retreat. I brought the stone to the retreat to share with the women there and Rosemary, who leads the retreats, observed that the words of Jesus, "Weep not for me, but for your children" are likened to the Old Testament verse:
(Jeremias 31:15-16 )"15 Thus saith the Lord: A voice was heard on high of lamentation, of mourning, and weeping, of Rachel weeping for her children, and refusing to be comforted for them, because they are not.

16 Thus saith the Lord: Let thy voice cease from weeping, and thy eyes from tears: for there is a reward for thy work, saith the Lord: and they shall return out of the land of the enemy."

I hadn't made the connection before between the Ministry of Post-Abortion Counseling and Reconciliation and this Station.

The timing, though, of having just made this Station, bringing it to share with the group, and the connection made with the "weeping women" just gave me even more a sense of the Holy Spirit's hand in this work.

His little lamb said...

for the Rachel's Hope;After Abortion Healing and Reconciliation for Catholic Women (or Catholic friendly)

website and information go to:

http://www.rachelshope.org/