Saturday

The 5th Station

V. Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry His Cross.

V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee,
R. Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Consider how weak and weary Jesus was. At each step He was at the point of expiring. Fearing that He would die on the way when they wished Him to die the infamous death of the cross, they forced Simon of Cyrene to help carry the cross after Our Lord.

My most sweet Jesus, I will not refuse the cross as the Cyrenian did. I accept it, I embrace it. I accept in particular the death that Thou hast destined for me, with all the pains which may accompany it. I unite it to Thy death; I offer it to Thee. Thou hast died for love of me! I will die for love of Thee, and to please Thee. Help me by Thy grace.

I love Thee, my beloved Jesus; I love Thee more than myself; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

No comments: