Saturday

The 10th Station

X. Jesus is stripped of His Garments.


V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee,


R. Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Consider the violence with which the executioners stripped Jesus. His inner garments adhered to His torn flesh, and they dragged them off so roughly that the skin came with them. Have pity for your Savior so cruelly treated and tell Him:

My innocent Jesus, by the torment You suffered in being stripped of Your garments, help me to strip myself of all attachment for the things of earth that I may place all my love in You who are so worthy of my love.

I love You, O Jesus, with all my heart; I am sorry for ever having offended You. Never let me offend You again. Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

No comments: